Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

The cardboard box or two in every room is a clear sign that we aren't fully settled in just yet.
But, the boys are registered in their new school, the post office is forwarding our mail, and little knick-knacks are filling the shelves. The official close date on this house was July 23 and though the monsoon-like rain slowed things down a bit, that's when we moved into the new digs. It's a great house with lots of room. It's in an adorable neighborhood bustling with people, dogs, and kids. (though no ice cream truck yet, how odd!)

Spike is settling into life working from home. Either the cat or dog spends the majority of the day with him in the office. Even Corinna understands that 'daddy's at work now' when he goes upstairs. This was not an easy move, but we had lots and lots of help which made this crazy transition that much easier. It's hard for me to get used to life in the 'burbs. The pace of things is very different for us than it was in Westtown. It's all just a bit faster here.

As cliche as it sounds there are mornings when I wake up wondering whose room I'm in and miss our old home terribly and there are other mornings when I wake up and feel like I've lived here my whole life.

1 comment:

K said...

I didn't know you had a cat.