Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pre-Wedding Jitters

Well, they aren't my pre-wedding jitters necessarily, but there's excitement in the air for my sister's wedding. It's coming this weekend and it will be quite an event. It's a double ceremony, Tamil and a quicky justice of the peace ceremony. Corinna and the boys are in the wedding and I am a bridesmaid.  I can't wait to see the kids all dolled up and celebrating. It's been a while since they've seen their aunts. We are finishing our last minute pre-wedding trip errands and packing for the event. What an exciting time. Corinna will be a flower girl, Aidan a ring bearer, and Jake will play a special role in the Hindu ceremony.

It is sort of an event bookend to the summer. The 2010 summer has proven to be one of the wildest, most unpredictable summers I can remember. With all the excitement of the summer, it will be awesome to get everyone on a schedule again. I'm sure once we're in the throws of my cake classes starting back up, Jake's soccer games, Corinna's My Gym, Aidan's gymnastics....homework, lunches, and all that, I'll long for the "lazy" days of summer. However, the schedule and routine sounds pretty appealing.


Some big news on our end, Miss Not Quite 20 months used the potty! Incriminating picture to prove it! (however, in the interest of not totally embarrassing her, I subbed in this picture) It appears to be a one time thing, but we got pretty excited at the thought of one day not changing diapers for the first time in 7+ years!

I am so happy to report that Jake has fallen in love with reading. For the first time, he is eager to sit down and read the first book he's reading 100% on his own. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. he loves it and it seems perfect for someone his age. I LOVE seeing a picture like this!



Aidan is gearing up for his Kindergarten orientation soon and is excited to ride the bus and be with the 'big kids' at school. He's been sitting on his own and working on his kindergarten book that he begged for. So it's been fun to watch him so excited. How did it happen so fast!

No comments: