Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yahoo!


Today was one of the days that I most look forward to. Today was the day that I brought the donations from Stamp, Scrap, CURE! to the American Cancer Society. In that fancy manilla envelope was $5,600! It's going 100% towards ovarian cancer research and that brings a tear to my eye. I get all choked up thinking about how my mom would react knowing that in just 3 years we've raised more than $15,000 for research. That maybe we're just that much closer to having incredible women like her avoid the suffering and pain that this horrible disease can cause. We're that much closer to having more women educated and aware about the symptoms and warning signs of ovarian cancer. We're that much closer to giving all women the chance to meet their grandchildren. Love you mom.

3 comments:

K said...

Way to go, Nori! I'm so happy for you and proud of what you're doing.

Tara said...

Wow Nor, that is so great. Mom would be so proud I can see her with a big smile. What you wrote is so nice, my eyes started welling up.

Duchess said...

that is awesome!! I am duly impressed!