Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lunchtime fun


Today I went to Jake's school during lunch as a volunteer. It was a cute fest. Kids needed help opening wrappers and putting straws in capri suns, etc. And apparently, no one really cared for the hot turkey sandwiches they served for lunch. The kids pretty much threw it all out. I was surprised how many kids eat baby carrots though. I wish it would rub off on Jake.


I didn't tell Jake I was coming to school and he was so happy to see me. I was thrilled. It's very out of character for him to get excited to see me. And the girls in Jake's class are adorable. 3 of them started tickling me and playing like a peek a boo thing with me. I was loving it. It was funny though, it was boys on one side of the table-girls on the other (not assigned, just coincidence) and they didn't interact at all.

No comments: