Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snowicane? Are you Serious?

Well, last week a "snowicane" was predicted. And I laughed. And that got the Gods of Snow pretty angry.



Serious branches smacking the house in the middle of the night because the winds were so strong. Serious can't open the doors out because the snow drifts were so high. Serious 3 days off from school snowicane!And of course all this while Spike was on a business trip in Fort Meyers, FL. Lucky dog.


And now that it's done there have been some amazing sledding runs, incredible forts built, snowballs thrown, etc. All the fun of a super snowy time. The during--not so much fun--the after--much better.





But we fared much, much better than many of our neighbors. They lost power for days! Cars were stuck on a closed-down I-84 for hours and hours. ((See the Record Article Here)

And I am SO SICK OF SNOW.

I need spring. It's a refrain that many of us are singing now, but it's soo true. I want a good spring cleaning of the house (shocking!) I want windows open and clothes drying on  the clothesline. I want to go for a walk after dinner because it's still light out. So that's why I had to pick a springy background for the blog. I HAD to. I can't hold onto winter whiteness anymore. And mr. snowicane. Mr. Rainapalooza, Mr. wind-a-rama- I will no longer scoff at your suggestion.

No comments: