Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hearts and Cookies


With blizzard like conditions yesterday and school closed (GASP!) I was forced to do what every other rational house-bound-with-3-hyper-kids mother would do. Bake! Jake's Valentine's Party at school is today so yesterday we baked some goodies. By "WE" I mean Aidan and I. And when I say "baked" I mean "Aidan spilling sugar and flour on the table and floor". Anyway, it was kinda cute while it lasted. I have decided to add some of my baking projects to this blog in a vain attempt to mimic real 'foodie' blogs which I frequent. They are awesome. http://www.bakerella.com/ and http://www.cakespy.com/ are just so cool and updated all the time so I'm always there.


Just a simple Martha Stewart's Ideal Sugar Cookie recipe (which really is quite delish!) and Wilton's royal icing recipe to decorate. Win-Win. Each kid is getting 2 heart shaped cookies in a little cello bag.

1 comment:

K said...

Thanks for posting the link to this recipe. I was looking for a new sugar cookie recipe.